1) Financial - obtain insurance (life/disability/health/malpractice), and consider if incorporation is right for you.
2) Get your (OHIP) billing number – your billing agents and your consultants will require it.
3) Buy yourself something nice – if it feels like you would have never bought it in residency and it seems like it costs way too much, that’s about the right amount of money to spend*.
4) Be nice to everyone at your new job – especially allied health staff, clerks, security staff, etc. Do not confuse you new level of authority with an excuse to be a jerk. First impressions last a lifetime.
5) It’s ok to get upset sometimes - it will happen, but do it very sparingly and avoid public…